One Lovely Blog Award
My lovely blogger friend, Ingebird, at rectalcancermyass, nominated me for this award! Wowie-zowie! I am honored and thrilled just to know my words are out in the world and people are reading them…I think her blog is awesome because of her infectious joy just being alive, because she’s thrilled about surviving cancer, because she proud to be spreading the word on healthy living…Thank you, thank you. I am honored.
- I teach writing and editing at a research university in the desert southwest of the United States
- My favorite musician is Elton John, Elton John, Elton John
- I flew to London and met Elton John on my nineteenth birthday (and wrote about it here)
- I am a dog and cat lover (I have one dog and four cats)
- I love listening to the song sparrows and desert wrens and grackles sing each morning while I drink my coffee
- I’ve been a Nichiren Buddhist for the past 29 years
- I am pretty fearless as a cook, always willing to experiment!
- I am determined to finish a book project this year
- It’s been a year since I broke my face requiring extensive plastic surgery to fix it
- I am grateful for the life I’ve built as a writer, teacher, artist — and for the wonderful friends and family who support me
- I am single but open to possibility
Well, those are a few of the many things I could tell you about myself. As for the rules for each blogger I nominate:
- Thank you link back to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Include (at least) seven facts about your life.
- Nominate other bloggers and let them know about the award.
- Follow the blogger who nominated you (if not already)
I wish to nominate the following for the One Lovely Blog Award